(Recent) Scientific Journal Publications
- Su, B. & Martens, P. (2018). How Ethical Ideologies Relate to Public Attitudes toward Animals: The Dutch Case. Anthrozoos ,31 (2), 179-194.
- Su, B., Naoko, K. & Martens, P. (2018). How Japanese companion dog and cat owners’ degree of attachment relates to the attribution of emotions to their animals, PLOS ONE, 13(1).
- Su, B. & Martens, P. (2017). Public attitudes toward animals and the influential factors in contemporary China. Animal Welfare, 26, 239-247.
Baker-Shelley, A., Van Zeijl-Rozema & Martens, P. (2017). A conceptual synthesis of organisational transformation: How to diagnose, and navigate, pathways for sustainability at universities? Journal of Cleaner Production 145, 262-276.
Holst, A. & Martens, P. (2016). Determinants of Animal Protection Policy: A Cross-Country Empirical Study. Politics and Animals, 1 – 14, nov. 2016.
Keeler, LW., Wiek, A., Lang, D.J., Yokohari, M., Van breda, J., Olsson, L., Ness, B., Morato, J., Segalas, J., Martens, P.,Bojorques-Tapias, L. & Evans, J. (2016). Utilizing international networks for accelerating research and learning in transformational sustainability science. Sustainability Science, 11:749–762.
- Amiot, C., Bastian, B. & Martens, P. (2016). People and companion animals: it takes two to tango. BioScience, 66(7), 552-560.
- Martens, P., Enders-Slegers, M. & Walker, J.K (2016). The emotional lives of companion animals: attachment and subjective claims by owners of cats and dogs, Anthrozoös, 29:1, 73-88
- Oosterbroek, B., De Kraker, J., Huynen, M. & Martens, P. (2016). Assessing ecosystem impacts on health: A tool review. Ecosystem Services, 17 (237-254).
- Beumer, C. & Martens, P. (2016). BIMBY’s first steps: a pilot study on the contribution of residential front-yards in Phoenix and Maastricht to biodiversity, ecosystem services and urban sustainability. Urban Ecosystems, 19, 45–76.
- Oduber, M., Ridderstaat, J. and Martens, P. (2015). The connection of vegetation with tourism development and economic growth: a case study for Aruba. Journal of Environmental Science and Engineering A 4, 420-431.
- Huynen, M.M.T.E & Martens, P. (2015). Climate change effects on heat- and cold-related mortality in the Netherlands: a scenario-based integrated environmental health impact assessment. International Journal of Environmental Research and Public Health, 12(8), 12, 13295-13320.
- Akin, S., Martens, P. & Huynen, M. (2015). Climate change and infectious disease risk in Western Europe: a survey of Dutch expert opinion on adaptation responses and actors. International Journal of Environmental Research and Public Health, 12(8), 9726-9749.
- Beumer, C. & Martens, P. (2015). BIMBY’s first steps: a pilot study on the contribution of residential front-yards in Phoenix and Maastricht to biodiversity, ecosystem services and urban sustainability. Urban Ecosystems, August 2015, 10.1007/s11252-015-0488-y.
- Martens, P., Caselli, M., De Lombaerde, P., Figge, L. & Scholte, J. (2015). New directions in globalization indices. Globalizations, 12(2), 217-228.
- Toan, D.T.T., Hoat, L.N., Hu, W., Wright, P. & Martens, P. (2015). Risk factors associated with an outbreak of dengue fever/dengue haemorrhagic fever in Hanoi, Vietnam. Epidemiology Infection, 143(8), 1594-1598.
- Beumer & Martens, P. (2015). Biodiversity in my (back)yard: towards a framework for citizen engagement in exploring biodiversity and ecosystem services in residential gardens. Sustainability Science, 10(1), 87-100.
- Oduber, M., Ridderstaat, J., Martens, P. (2014). The bilateral relationshop between tourism and dengue occurrence: evidence from Aruba. Journal of Tourism and Hospitality Management, 2, 6, 223-244.
- Akin, S. & Martens, P. (2014). A survey of Dutch expert opinion on climatic drivers of infectious disease risk in Western Europe. Climate, 2(4), 310-328.
- Toan, D.T.T., Martens, P., Hoat, L.N., Wright, P. & Choisy, M. (2014). Climatic-driven seasonality of emerging dengue fever in Hanoi, BMC Public Health, 14:1078.
- Abson, D.J., H. von Wehrden, S. Baumgärtner, J. Fischer, J. Hanspach, W. Härdtle, H. Heinrichs, A.M. Klein, D.J. Lang, P. Martens and D. Walmsley (2014). Ecosystem services as a boundary object for sustainability. Ecological Economics 103, 29–37.
- Figge, L. & Martens, P. (2014). Globalisation Continues: The Maastricht Globalisation Index Revisited and Updated, Globalizations, 11(6), 875-893.
- Caminade, C., Kovats, S., Rocklov, J., Tompkins, A.M., Morse, A.P., Colón-González, F.J., Stenlund, H., Martens, P., and Lloyd, S.J. (2014). Impact of climate change on global malaria distribution. PNAS, 111(9), 3286-3291.
- Ridderstaat, J., Oduber, M., Croes, R., Nijkamp, P. & Martens, P. (2014). Impacts of seasonal patterns of climate on recurrent fluctuations in tourism demand: Evidence from Aruba. Tourism Management, 41, 245-245.