About Pim Martens
Pim Martens holds the chair 'Sustainable Development' at Maastricht University (Netherlands) and is a professor extraordinary at Stellenbosch University, South Africa. He is the (founding) Director of the Maastricht University Graduate School of Sustainability Science (MUST), and has been Director of the International Centre for Integrated assessment and Sustainable development (ICIS) from 2004-2013. Apart from his scientific work, Pim Martens is also a scientivist, intending to contribute to a better, more sustainable society.
Pim Martens is founder of AnimalWise, a “think and do tank” integrating scientific knowledge and animal advocacy to bring about sustainable change in our relationship with animals.
- Oduber, M., Ridderstaat, J. and Martens, P. (2015). The connection of vegetation with tourism development and economic growth: a case study for Aruba. Journal of Environmental Science and Engineering A 4, 420-431.
- Huynen, M.M.T.E & Martens, P. (2015). Climate change effects on heat- and cold-related mortality in the Netherlands: a scenario-based integrated environmental health impact assessment. International Journal of Environmental Research and Public Health, 12(8), 12, 13295-13320.
- Akin, S., Martens, P. & Huynen, M. (2015). Climate change and infectious disease risk in Western Europe: a survey of Dutch expert opinion on adaptation responses and actors. International Journal of Environmental Research and Public Health, 12(8), 9726-9749.
- Beumer, C. & Martens, P. (2015). BIMBY’s first steps: a pilot study on the contribution of residential front-yards in Phoenix and Maastricht to biodiversity, ecosystem services and urban sustainability. Urban Ecosystems, August 2015, 10.1007/s11252-015-0488-y.
- Martens, P., Caselli, M., De Lombaerde, P., Figge, L. & Scholte, J. (2015). New directions in globalization indices. Globalizations, 12(2), 217-228.
- Toan, D.T.T., Hoat, L.N., Hu, W., Wright, P. & Martens, P. (2015). Risk factors associated with an outbreak of dengue fever/dengue haemorrhagic fever in Hanoi, Vietnam. Epidemiology Infection, 143(8), 1594-1598.
- Beumer & Martens, P. (2015). Biodiversity in my (back)yard: towards a framework for citizen engagement in exploring biodiversity and ecosystem services in residential gardens. Sustainability Science, 10(1), 87-100.