About Pim Martens
Pim Martens holds the chair 'Sustainable Development' at Maastricht University (Netherlands) and is a professor extraordinary at Stellenbosch University, South Africa. He is the (founding) Director of the Maastricht University Graduate School of Sustainability Science (MUST), and has been Director of the International Centre for Integrated assessment and Sustainable development (ICIS) from 2004-2013. Apart from his scientific work, Pim Martens is also a scientivist, intending to contribute to a better, more sustainable society.
Pim Martens is founder of AnimalWise, a “think and do tank” integrating scientific knowledge and animal advocacy to bring about sustainable change in our relationship with animals.
Proud to have become a member of the Editorial Board of the International Journal Bioscience Since 1964, BioScience has presented readers with timely and authoritative overviews of current research... Read more »
- Martens, P., Caselli, M., De Lombaerde, P., Figge, L. & Scholte, J. (2015). New directions in globalization indices. Globalizations, 12(2), 217-228.
- Akin, S. & Martens, P. (2014). A survey of Dutch expert opinion on climatic drivers of infectious disease risk in Western Europe. Climate, 2(4), 310-328.
- Toan, D.T.T., Martens, P., Hoat, L.N., Wright, P. & Choisy, M. (2014). Climatic-driven seasonality of emerging dengue fever in Hanoi, BMC Public Health, 14:1078. DOI: 10.1186/1471-2458-14-1078.
- Toan, D.T.T., Hoat, L.N., Hu, W., Wright, P. & Martens, P. (2014). Risk factors associated with an outbreak of dengue fever/dengue haemorrhagic fever in Hanoi, Vietnam. Epidemiol. Infect., doi:10.1017/S0950268814002647.
- Beumer & Martens, P. (2014). Biodiversity in my (back)yard: towards a framework for citizen engagement in exploring biodiversity and ecosystem services in residential gardens. Sustainability Science, DOI: 10,1007/s11625-014-0270-8
- Abson, D.J., H. von Wehrden, S. Baumgärtner, J. Fischer, J. Hanspach, W. Härdtle, H. Heinrichs, A.M. Klein, D.J. Lang, P. Martens and D. Walmsley (2014). Ecosystem services as a boundary object for sustainability. Ecological Economics 103, 29–37.
- Figge, L. & Martens, P. (2014). Globalisation Continues: The Maastricht Globalisation Index Revisited and Updated, Globalizations, DOI: 10.1080/14747731.2014.887389
- Caminade, C., Kovats, S., Rocklov, J., Tompkins, A.M., Morse, A.P., Colón-González, F.J., Stenlund, H., Martens, P., and Lloyd, S.J. (2014). Impact of climate change on global malaria distribution. PNAS, doi: 10.1073/pnas.1302089111.
- Ridderstaat, J., Oduber, M., Croes, R., Nijkamp, P. & Martens, P. (2014). Impacts of seasonal patterns of climate on recurrent fluctuations in tourism demand: Evidence from Aruba. Tourism Management, 41, 245-245.