Plenary presented at the 4th Annual Symposium on Global and European Health: Climate Change and Health, 9th October, Maastricht. Climate... Read more »
About Pim Martens
Pim Martens holds the chair 'Sustainable Development' at Maastricht University (Netherlands) and is a professor extraordinary at Stellenbosch University, South Africa. He is the (founding) Director of the Maastricht University Graduate School of Sustainability Science (MUST), and has been Director of the International Centre for Integrated assessment and Sustainable development (ICIS) from 2004-2013. Apart from his scientific work, Pim Martens is also a scientivist, intending to contribute to a better, more sustainable society.
Pim Martens is founder of AnimalWise, a “think and do tank” integrating scientific knowledge and animal advocacy to bring about sustainable change in our relationship with animals.
Key-note presented at the IAHAIO annual symposium 24-26 July 2014 Amsterdam “Bridging Cultural and Disciplinary Boundaries in Human-Animal Interactions” If we look at the many sustainability indicators... Read more »
- Martens, P., Caselli, M., De Lombaerde, P., Figge, L. & Scholte, J. (2015). New directions in globalization indices. Globalizations, doi 10.1080/14747731.2014.944336.
- Toan, D.T.T., Martens, P., Hoat, L.N., Wright, P. & Choisy, M. (2014). Climatic-driven seasonality of emerging dengue fever in Hanoi, BMC Public Health, 14:1078. DOI: 10.1186/1471-2458-14-1078.
- Toan, D.T.T., Hoat, L.N., Hu, W., Wright, P. & Martens, P. (2014). Risk factors associated with an outbreak of dengue fever/dengue haemorrhagic fever in Hanoi, Vietnam. Epidemiol. Infect., doi:10.1017/S0950268814002647.
- Beumer & Martens, P. (2014). Biodiversity in my (back)yard: towards a framework for citizen engagement in exploring biodiversity and ecosystem services in residential gardens. Sustainability Science, DOI: 10,1007/s11625-014-0270-8
- Abson, D.J., H. von Wehrden, S. Baumgärtner, J. Fischer, J. Hanspach, W. Härdtle, H. Heinrichs, A.M. Klein, D.J. Lang, P. Martens and D. Walmsley (2014). Ecosystem services as a boundary object for sustainability. Ecological Economics 103, 29–37.
- Figge, L. & Martens, P. (2014). Globalisation Continues: The Maastricht Globalisation Index Revisited and Updated, Globalizations, DOI: 10.1080/14747731.2014.887389
- Caminade, C., Kovats, S., Rocklov, J., Tompkins, A.M., Morse, A.P., Colón-González, F.J., Stenlund, H., Martens, P., and Lloyd, S.J. (2014). Impact of climate change on global malaria distribution. PNAS, doi: 10.1073/pnas.1302089111.
- Ridderstaat, J., Oduber, M., Croes, R., Nijkamp, P. & Martens, P. (2014). Impacts of seasonal patterns of climate on recurrent fluctuations in tourism demand: Evidence from Aruba. Tourism Management, 41, 245-245.