AnimalWise has become a Foundation! Everyone thanks for their help in making this happen. Take a look on the Read more »
About Pim Martens
Pim Martens holds the chair 'Sustainable Development' at Maastricht (Netherlands) and Leuphana (Germany) University, and is a professor extraordinary at Stellenbosch University, South Africa. He is the (founding) Director of the Maastricht University Graduate School of Sustainability Science (MUST), and has been Director of the International Centre for Integrated assessment and Sustainable development (ICIS) from 2004-2013. Apart from his scientific work, Pim Martens is also a scientivist, intending to contribute to a better, more sustainable society.
Pim Martens is founder of AnimalWise, a “think and do tank” integrating scientific knowledge and animal advocacy to bring about sustainable change in our relationship with animals.
After killing Marius Giraffe and four lions in the zoo of Copenhagen, the Longleaf Safari and Adventure Park in Britain killed six lions including four cubs. Now the zoo of... Read more »
- Abson, D.J., H. von Wehrden, S. Baumgärtner, J. Fischer, J. Hanspach, W. Härdtle, H. Heinrichs, A.M. Klein, D.J. Lang, P. Martens and D. Walmsley (2014). Ecosystem services as a boundary object for sustainability. Ecological Economics 103, 29–37.
- Figge, L. & Martens, P. (2014). Globalisation Continues: The Maastricht Globalisation Index Revisited and Updated, Globalizations, DOI: 10.1080/14747731.2014.887389
- Caminade, C., Kovats, S., Rocklov, J., Tompkins, A.M., Morse, A.P., Colón-González, F.J., Stenlund, H., Martens, P., and Lloyd, S.J. (2014). Impact of climate change on global malaria distribution. PNAS, doi: 10.1073/pnas.1302089111.
- Ridderstaat, J., Oduber, M., Croes, R., Nijkamp, P. & Martens, P. (2014). Impacts of seasonal patterns of climate on recurrent fluctuations in tourism demand: Evidence from Aruba. Tourism Management, 41, 245-245.
- Beumer, C. & Martens, P. (2013). IUCN and perspectives on biodiversity conservation in a changing world. Biodiversity Conservation, DOI 10.1007/s10531-013-0573-6.
- Keune, H. et al. (2013). Science–policy challenges for biodiversity, public health and urbanization: examples from Belgium. Environmental Research Letters, 8, 025015 doi:10.1088/1748-9326/8/2/025015